Modern Lakefront Cottages on the south shore of historic and picturesque Rice Lake.
Located 15 miles north of Lake Ontario, and just 80 miles east of Toronto.
Relax and enjoy our beautiful lakefront setting, colourful sunsets, local attractions, and of course the always excellent wall-eye, muskie, large & smallmouth bass, perch, bluegill, sunfish and crappie fishing. There’s something for the whole family.
Restaurants, churches, and stores are close by. Easy driving distance to golf courses, tennis courts, and tourist attractions such as Lang Pioneer Village, Kawartha Downs Race Track & Slots, Peterborough & Metro Toronto Zoos, Peterborough Liftlocks and Cruises, and twice weekly Peterborough Festival of Lights, where well-known entertainers regularly perform. A government pier is nearby for advanced swimmers. A Government-run fish hatchery, open to the public, in located in Harwood. There is is hiking and biking in Northumberland Forest.
Newly renovated cottage this year. (Outside of it is pictured top right in the pictures on the right).
2015 Fishing Season Openings
Walleye (Pickerel): May 9th
Muskie: June 6th
Small & Largemouth Bass: June 20th
Pan-Fish: All year
NOTE: Fishing licenses can be purchased at nearby locations or online at www.mnr.gov.on.ca
– In-ground swimming pool (unsupervised)
– Fishing licenses sold nearby
– Bait & tackle shop
– Docks & boat launch
– Shallow beach area
– Two fish cleaning houses
– Fish freezing
– Swing-set, volleyball, basketball net, horse shoes
– Complimentary paddle boat use
– Boat & motor rentals including pontoon boats
– Lakefront cottages with sun decks 50 feet from the shoreline
– Each has a refrigerator, stove, heater, TV, and microwave
– All are equipped with three piece bathroom with shower
– Gas BBQ at each cottage
– Campfires for each cottage located at lake’s edge
– Two, & three bedroom cottages with double beds and pillows
– Equipped with pots, pans, dishes, cutlery, toaster and coffee maker
– Linen/blankets, towels & paper products are not supplied!
– Artesian well water, excellent quality drinking water
– The grounds are level with no hills to climb
– NEW! Satellite TV in EACH cottage!
– NEW! We’ve completed a a newly renovated cottage! (pictured top right)
– No pets of any kind allowed (no execeptions)
– No visitors will be permitted to stay over-night if they exceed maximum # of persons per cottage
– Guest visitations must be pre-approved
– Daily charge per visitor is $10 (limit of 4) check-out by 9pm
– Overnight visitors $20 per person per night (limit of 2)
– No tents
– No tubing, skiing, or other watertoys should be used with rented boats
– No loud music, quiet after 11pm please
– No fireworks
– Please bring your linens, paper products, blankets and towels. Pillows are available
– No charges for boat launching, use of paddle boat, battery charging and fish freezing
– Our resort is located in a sheltered bay near the sunken railway bed
– Check-In (weekly) Saturday at 1 p.m. or later, Check-Out (weekly) 9 a.m. the following Saturday